All employees in workplaces covered by UNW collective agreements pay union dues, but only those who have applied for union membership are full members.
- Have input into contract negotiations
- Vote on motions, bargaining and strike votes
- Attend Union meetings or training courses
- Receive UNW price discounts on goods and services
- Become a union officer on the local, regional or UNW executive
To become a full member of the Union (or if you require your card to be reprinted) you need to sign and submit a Membership Application.
Applications forms can be printed then mailed, emailed or faxed to the Union:
Suite 400 - 4310 53rd Street
Yellowknife, NT X1A 1V2
If you do not sign a membership application card, you remain a "Rand Deductee." Rand deductees must pay union dues but do not enjoy the full benefits of membership. Rand deductees can get assistance from the UNW for work related grievances, but are not entitled hold union office or attend Local meetings.