The Union of Northern Workers is made up of 28 Locals. Members have direct access to the Union's decision making process through their Local. Each Local has an elected volunteer executive.
Members are assigned to a Local according to the bargaining unit to which they belong, or the Department and Community where they work. The Locals are distributed across the seven UNW Regions:
- Beaufort Delta-Sahtu - Locals 3, 19, 29, and 39
- Deh Cho - Locals 13 and 31
- Fort Smith - Locals 2 and 12
- Hay River - Locals 6, 21, and 22
- Kimberlite - Locals 36 and 3050
- North Great Slave - Locals 9, 10, 11, 25, 345, and 38
- Somba K'e - Locals 1, 16, 28, 30, 32, 33, 40, and 41
Use the chart below to identify which Local or Region your workplace belongs to.
Information about each Local is listed below the chart.